- Commercial Grade Solar Floodlight
- IP56 Waterproofing
- Remote Controlled (50 metre range)
- 40 Warm White LED bulbs
- 10 Watt Solar Panel
- Internal 12v 3Ah NiMH Battery – 36Wh capacity
- Can light for 12 hours once fully charged
- Will light for 6 hours after a typical days charge
- Robust Aluminium Housing
- Glass Lens
- Dual Solar Panel Input For Upgrade Solar Panel
- 5m of cable between solar panel and floodlight
Astron Solar Floodlight uses:
- General outdoor lighting
- Outdoor security lighting
- Portable work light
- Indoor shed, garage, stable and outbuilding lighting
- Sign lighting
- Feature up-lighter
- Emergency backup home lighting
How does it work?
During the day the Astron Solar Floodlights 10 watt solar panel charges its internal 12v 3Ah NiMH battery pack giving it the power it needs to light after dark.
After dark the Astron will come on automatically each night for 6 hours before turning itself off.
The Astron Solar Floodlight can be controlled manually by using the included remote control which has a range of up to 50 metres. The remote control allows you to turn the Astron on or off whenever you like and also enables you to put the Astron back into automatic mode.
How long does it take to charge?
In late Spring, Summer and early Autumn the Astron will fully charge on most days giving it enough charge to light for 12 hours. In winter the Astron will charge up enough to light for 6 hours on all but the most unfavourable of winter weather days.
- Height: 21.5cm
- Width: 16.5cm
- Depth: 5.5cm
- Height: 35cm
- Width: 28.5cm
- Depth: 2.5cm
Whats in the box?
The Astron Solar Floodlight comes with everything you need in the box.
- 1 x Astron Solar Floodlight
- 1 x Remote control
- 1 x 10 Watt Solar Panel
- 5m of cable attached to solar panel
- 2 x Solar panel u-mounts
How do I install it?
Find the best location for your solar panel within 5 metres of where you plan to have the floodlight. The location needs to be as south facing as possible and free from light obstructions such as buildings, trees, fences, bushes or the shadows that these create.
- 1. Connect the u-shaped solar panel mounts to the solar panel
- 2. Position solar panel in desired location and mark holes in u-mounts
- 3. Drill holes, apply screw plugs and screw panel into place
- 4. Remove bracket from light and position in desired location
- 5. Mark holes in bracket, drill holes and insert screw plugs
- 6. Screw bracket into place and reconnect light to it
- 7. Connect solar panel cable to light and turn on
How waterproof is it?
The Astron Solar Floodlight is IP56 rated.
Waterproofing is rated by the IP (International Protection) system which consists of the letters IP followed by two digits. The first digit after IP ranks a products protection against solid objects. The second digit after the IP rates a products ability to protect against liquids.
The Astron Solar Floodlight is IP56 rated making it our most waterproof light yet. IP56 means the Astron is protected against dust – limited ingress (no harmful deposit) and protected against strong jets of water e.g. for use on shipdecks – limited ingress permitted.
Why is the Astron more expensive than your solar security lights?
Solar security lights are designed to come on as and when they detect motion after dark. A busy solar security light should not be activating more than 20 times in a night so the battery and solar panel only need to be big enough to provide 30 minutes of light each night. In comparison, the Astron needs to stay on constantly for 6 hours after a single days charge in fair winter weather conditions. The Astron has 4 times more solar panel than the Evo56 and it has over 3 times the battery capacity. It is also manufactured to a much higher standard so it is fit for commercial and industrial applications.